Department of Pharmaceutics
SIMS Group of Institutions
Dr. Suryakanta Swain presently working as Professor-cum-Vice Principal & HoD in Southern Institute of Medical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutics, SIMS Group of Institutions affiliated to Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA. So far he has published more than 100 Articles of National and International Journals with high Indexing or Abstracting as well as impact factor with 22.71 Research Gate Score, 1000 Google Scholar citations (h-index=15 and i10-index=20) and 560 Scopus citations (h-index=12). He has edited three national text books as per New PCI syllabus, published six international books and 28 national book chapters of reputed publishers. He has published 2 Indian patents & applied for one grant. He has permanent Advisory or Editorial and reviewers board members in 61 national & international journals. He is a Recognized Ph.D. Research Supervisors and Co-supervisors, UG or PG or Pharm D Practical External Examiners, Question setter and Adjudicator of various Indian Universities such as Acharya Nagarjuna University, JNTU-Kakinada, JNTU-Hyderabad, Annamalai University, Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Berhampur University, Gitam University, and Singhania University, etc. He is presently guiding 08 Ph.D. scholars and already guided 60 M.Pharmacy, 40 B.Pharmacy final year projects, and 07 Pharm D 5th year clinical or hospital-based projects. He has appointed as part-time Editor of ABM International Science and Technology Development INC, Baltimore, USA. Dr. Swain has received several Awards such as EMERGING LEADER IN HEALTH AND MEDICAL SCIENCES-2018 from Venus International Foundation, Chennai, PROF. M.L. KHORANA MEMORIAL award for best paper in the field of pharmaceutics and bio-pharmaceutics from IJPS journal and Ph. D. Shortlisted Candidate for Rajni Bhai V. Patel PharmInnova Competition 2014-15, for Best Pharmaceutical Sciences thesis award, etc. Dr. Swain so far has attended and delivered more than 30 AICTE, DST, DBT, PCI sponsored national and international seminars, conferences, workshops, and Faculty development program as an invited speaker, guest of honor, guest lecture and adjudicators for an international conference, etc. He is the life member of several professional bodies such as FIC, APTI, HAB, IPGA, ISPOR, etc.
1. Member of Fellow of Institution of Chemists (FIC), Kolkata May-2018 onwards
2. Member of Reviewer MS Research Australia, Research Management Council, from 12th July-2014.
3. Member of Healthcare Advisory Board (HAB), a global research panel comprised of key healthcare professionals and physicians, Canada, since April 2014-
4. Life member of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI), since August 2017-
5. Indian Pharmacy Graduates Association (IPGA), since April 2014-
6. Community Member of the Global Community of Information Professionals, since 2013-
7. Member of the Pharmacy One Source Community, since 2013-
8. Registered Member of Odisha State Board of Pharmacy Council, since 2008-
9. Member of International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR), since 2017-
10. Asian Science Council Editor and many more
11. Member of PCI Inspector Panel since 2019-present
QBD based Formulation development and evaluation of Mucoadhesive DDS
Gastro retentive floating DDS